Monday, April 2, 2012

It is an exceptionally nice day out.  I decided to do some studying outside in the grass for a while and soak up the warm sun.  And I was also getting tired of being cooped up in my room just typing away.  Fortunately, there is a little patch of grass right outside of my flat complex with some tables and benches.  It's rather peaceful, a little cool breeze throughout the midday with no one out here but myself.

I realized it has been a while since my last post and thought I could update you all about what's been happening lately...I am in the final week before my two-week long semester break...well, technically the break will be two weeks plus a day, because we get Good Friday off!  Woohoo!  I have a presentation this Thursday for studio and finished the last details of my presentation boards last night.  Today I dropped off my file at the printing services and will pick up the hard copies this afternoon.  Crossing my fingers that they will look as good in the physical form as I think they do on my laptop screen.

I attended my first tramping (hiking) club meeting last Tuesday.  It turns out that the activities are a bit more "extreme" than I had originally anticipated them to be.  A few people gave previews of what upcoming activities will include.  They showed some really beautiful places, but I don't think I'm quite ready to participate in advanced rock climbing or glacier hiking just yet.  A few girls and I have decided to organize a few hiking trips on our own instead.  Just your typical hiking up mountains and through shallow rivers, nothing too physically straining.  Not that I don't want the extra physical exercise!  We've been talking about taking a hiking trip in the beginning of May to Tongariro Crossing.  You may want to google that for yourself.  It will be about a four-hour drive, we'll hike a long ways, stay over the weekend, and head back to Wellington on a Sunday morning.  I'm very excited.  Mostly excited to get out of the city for a while.

I had my first NZ movie theater experience this last Sunday!  I went to see The Wrath of the Titans with two of my flat mates.  I quite enjoyed it.  There is a food court in the movie theater!  Much like what you would see in a mall's food court.  An elevator takes you to the second floor with concessions and more theaters...you order your ticket and concessions in the same place.  Unfortunately, they did not have liquid butter dispensers here at the Wellington movie theater...that was rather disappointing.  But the seats were very comfortable, kind of a suede material with cup holders of course.  Oh!  And they have assigned seating, which I thought was strange.  There is a section of each theater called the "Gold Lounge."  It's more expensive than general admission of course...but that's because there are servers that wait on you to bring you food and beverages, even alcohol!  Oh! And they have lazy boy seating in that section.  So crazy!  Although, I've been to a theater back home with lazy boys already and the tickets were still only $7.  The student price on the weekend (for 3D) is $16.80....I don't think experiencing the Gold Lounge is going to be put on my NZ To-Do List, but it sounds pretty nice.

I cannot wait for this week to come to an end.  Tomorrow is hump day.  Hopefully that means the rest of the days will go by in a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment